The selection of
the fellows is based on the following criteria:
- The candidate has to have at least one university
- The candidate has to have at least two years
of experience in the field of specialization that he/she will pursue
- The candidate has to be able to communicate
in English (speak, read and write) since the working language in the
UNU-FTP is English.
- The institute/organization has to propose the
candidate for the UNU-FTP. The training of the fellows is considered
a contribution to the capacity building of the institute/organization.
- The fellows are selected through an extensive
personal interview, preferably at their work place, where he/she needs
to be able to:
a) prove their ability to communicate in English
b) explain their work and the role at the
c) discuss and identify current problems in the fisheries sector,
and its development priorities
d) display in-depth understanding of their professional work and how
it relates to the fisheries sector.